We read through and focused on Jesus' death. Here is a guideline that he put together for everyone. We really want to encourage each other to do this today and make continued reading of the Word and prayer a part of our daily lives.
A plan for Good Friday:
- Take time this Friday to spend in prayer, meditation, and Bible reading; specifically about the death of Jesus. Remember that the death of Jesus was a substitute for you.
- Thank God for all that Jesus did for you
- Pray that God would give you a deeper understanding of Jesus' death, that it would become more and more real to you
- Pray that you would live in a way that is more honoring to God in light of Jesus' death as your substitute
- Bible Reading:
- There are 4 narratives in the Bible about Jesus' death Read 1 or all of them.
- Matthew chapters 26 and 27
- Mark chapters 14 and 15
- Luke chapters 22 and 23
- John chapters 18 and 19
- Take some time to let everything you have read sink in.
Prayer - Talking with God. Thanking Him for all He has done in your life and the lives of others; asking for help and guidance in our daily lives. Praying for others needs as well as our own.
Bible Reading - Reading and studying the Bible.
Meditation - Thinking about what you have read.
For those who were not with us this past 3D night, we hope that you will join us in practicing how to make time in your day to reflect on what Jesus Christ has done for all of us. He took our place and paid the price that we deserved to pay because of our sin. How can we not be thankful for that?!
We pray that you have an incredibly blessed weekend and that your own walks with the Lord would continue to grow and be vibrant~